Sunday, June 03, 2007

Documentary

If you're in and around my home town of Bangor over the next fortnight, beware - I'm on the loose with a camera, making a 40 minute documentary for BBC 1 Northern Ireland. Never really done anything like this before, but am already enjoying it immensely - nearly everyone I've approached to take part has agreed, including the likes of Jimmy Nesbitt, Lord Trimble and Laine McGaw (who played Patricia in Divorcing Jack). I'll be returning to my old schools, Ballyholme PS and Bangor Grammar and talking about the Spectator years, where I trained as a reporter, and we've already got a lot of footage we recorded at the Aspects Festival in the town in September. Should be on TV some time in the Autumn.

4 Comments:

Blogger Vicus Scurra said...

Here you are, famous author and all, and get even fewer comments than I do. Although, to be fair, I only found this blog by a link on your main site, so perhaps you are hiding.

If you come to my blog and comment that the quality of my writing has always been an inspiration to you, I will buy your next book. If not, I will buy it anyway.

9:10 am  
Blogger Laganwanderer said...

Wow I just can't wait to see your documentory. You are the pups nuts without a doubt!

7:09 pm  
Blogger Hingy said...

Are you going to any of the readings at Aspects this year? I'm looking forward to the Kevin Myers evening and also going to the Saturday 9.00pm reading. Went last year for first time and really enjoyed Keith Ridgway/Glenn Patterson and yourself.

9:47 pm  
Blogger iODyne said...

you trained at The Spectator* ?

that must be what inspired the adulterous beginning of Dvorak Jack !

(*the publisher and Blunkett
* Liddle on his honeymoon
* Boris in general - I mean, it's a miracle they got an issue out during all the extra curricular activities)

12:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home